Knowledge and Skills
Number of years of experience in CRVS or identity management10 or more
An Engineer and PhD holder in information Technology with more than 10 Years of experience in assessing CRVS systems; Leading, managing, training and undertaking assessment process; Assessing legal framework, organizational structure, capacity development needs and building countries strategic improvement plans; As well as working with multiple stakeholders, and building bridges between Donner agencies, researchers, decision-makers and policy actors to influence public policy and practice.
CRVS International Consultant and professor of software engineering and Information systems
• Conducted The Gambia CRVS comprehensive assessment exercise and developed the costed strategic CRVS improvement plan supported by the World Bank
• Took part of WHO/EMRO review mission of Jordanian HIS system as a CRVS
• Developed the CRVS costed strategic improvement plan (investment case)
for Republic of Liberia, Sponsored by the World Bank
• Conducted Tunisia CRVS comprehensive assessment
• Teaches the software engineering and information systems courses in the institute
Manager, CRVS improvement initiative,
• Coordinate with countries requesting to conduct Comprehensive Assessments (CA)
• Defining the needs of the countries
• Assign the required team and coordinate with partners to provide for required support
• Follow up on the assessment outcome to make sure that a strategic multi-sectorial national action plan for CRVS improvements is being developed
• Take part and give inputs in developing and reviewing UNECA set of CRVS tools for CRVS assessment and development of strategic improvement plan
CRVS improvement Consultant
Provide advice and feedback to country teams undertaking the Rapid Assessments
Attend and facilitate assessment workshops as requested by countries
Support the preparation of individual rapid assessment reports by countries
Prepare a Consolidated Countries Assessment Report, analyzing regional CRVS situation and summarizing results for EMRO,
Assist in coordination and facilitation of the Regional CRVS stakeholders meeting.
Develop a regional plan for the improvements of CRVS in EMRO Region.
Undersecretary of Health and Population for Information Technology and Chief of National Information Center for Health and Population
Managing the National Information Center for health
Leading and managing the CR of birth, death and cause of death system, Analyzing the statistical data and producing the Vital Statistic reports for the decision makers
Conducting the Rapid and Comprehensive Assessments of CRVS and developing improvement plan.
Chairing the steering committee for coordination among the three main CRVS authorities
Represented Egyptian Ministry of Health in all African conferences and workshops on HIS and CRVS
US Naval Postgraduate School
Software Engineering as a Major, A model and Algorithm for a Software Evolution System
Computer engineering as a Minor.
Cairo University, College of Engineering
Computer science: a crash recovery algorithm for multiple copy distributed database.
computer Engineering as a minor
Military Technical College (the highest Engineering College in Egypt)
Computer engineering both hardware and software design